By participating, you agree that:
- These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by Orak Shrine and its representatives. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by Orak Shrine and its representatives.
- The raffle drawing shall be held at Orak Shrine Temple in Michigan City, Indiana. All tickets must be received by the drawing date and time to be eligible for the drawing. The drawing will be conducted at the conclusion of the 2020 fall ceremonial on October 17, 2020. You need not be present to win.
- Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the prize. A maximum of 1,000 numbered tickets are eligible to be sold.
- If 700 raffle tickets are not sold by the time of drawing on October 17, 2020, a fifty-fifty raffle will be conducted and a cash prize will be awarded as a substitute prize for the Corvette. This cash prize will consist of fifty percent of the money taken in by raffle ticket sales. If 700 or more raffle tickets are sold by October 17, 2020, the Corvette will be awarded as the grand prize. If 700 or more raffle tickets are sold by October 17, 2020, The winner will also have the option of accepting a $ 50,000 cash payout instead of receiving the Corvette.
- The winner has 30 days after the drawing to arrange delivery of the prize vehicle or forfeits all claims thereto. The winner is responsible for transportation of the car to their location or taking possession at the dealership. By law, all federal and state taxes must be paid to Orak Shrine by the winner prior to taking possession of the prize vehicle.
- Due to postal regulations, raffle tickets cannot be mailed to you. A ticket receipt or ticket stub is not necessary to claim prizes in this drawing.
- All ticket stubs are kept on file at Orak Shrine. After the drawing, The winner will be contacted based on the name and information on the ticket. To pick up the vehicle, two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID, will be required to prove that this person is the person on the winning ticket. If the winner is not present at the drawing, a notification will be made by telephone or mail.
- Two successive alternate backup winners will be drawn, but not announced. In the event, the first-place winner does not arrange for claiming their prize in 30 days, or is otherwise ineligible.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. The winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of Orak Shrine.
- Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance, and all expenses in claiming, registering, and using the prize vehicle. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. Orak Shrine has no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the vehicle.
- Vehicle will not be modified by Orak Shrine to meet specific local, state or country requirements. Winner agrees to accept the vehicle as built for U.S. licensing and registration requirements. Winner will be responsible for any modifications required for import to a country outside of the U.S.
- By law, the winner agrees to pay 25% federal income tax on the fair market value of the prize to Orak Shrine prior to the release of the prize vehicle or any other prize. Orak Shrine will submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, Orak Shrine will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also. The winner also agrees to pay applicable Indiana state income tax (currently 3.23%) of the fair market value of the car to Orak Shrine prior to the release of the prize vehicle. The winner also agrees to provide their social security number and other personal information to Orak Shrine for tax purposes. Tax percentages subject to change as laws are updated.
- All nonresident aliens are required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount must be paid to Orak Shrine prior to the release of the prize. After the end of the year, Orak Shrine will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
- In the event the prize vehicle is lost, damaged, destroyed, or otherwise not available, Orak Shrine has the right to substitute another vehicle of similar value for the raffle. Ticket refunds will not be issued if this should occur.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by Orak Shrine, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
- Orak Shrine reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to a refund of ticket prices to participants. Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
- THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
- All proceeds benefit Orak Shrine of Michigan City, Indiana. Indiana Gaming Raffle License #149457.